- To provide the country with managers having basic skills as well as in specialised fields of management.
- To produce managers who are efficient, effective, analytical and possess excellent communication skills
- To instil ethical values and to raise awareness towards social responsibility in future managers
- To produce management graduates equipped with information technology skills and capable of adapting to continuous changes in technology
- To produce managers who possess a global and innovative entrepreneurship skills.
Foundation courses are introductory courses or courses that build the foundation in a specific programme of study and as a result form the pre-requisite courses that are compulsory for all students of the programme. These courses are at the 100 and 200 levels that have been determined by the same programme of study or another programme of study that is related. These courses are common to all students of the programme of study.
There are two types of core courses in the Bachelor of Management programme. The first type is the common core courses and they are compulsory for all students. The second type is the major core courses that are compulsory for students who specialise in a particular field of specialisation.
Elective courses are those that enhance or support a particular specialisation or major in a programme of study. These are courses at the 300 level for specific fields of specialisation only.
Minor courses are a package of courses in one area of specialisation or a package of courses reserved for and offered to students of another programme of study. Students of the School of Management are encouraged to take minor programmes from the following fields: Economics, TV and Film Production, Journalism, Computer Science, Translation, English and Islamic Studies.
Main admission channel (Matriculation/STPM/Diploma/Equivalent Holders)
After being accorded the APEX status, USM has admitted students into its Bachelor’s Degree Programmes (Full Time) from the 2009/2010 Academic Session without them having to go through the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) system via its student Management and Admission Division. Applications for undergraduate studies in USM can be made online through the website http://www.admissions.usm.my/.
Bidang pekerjaan setelah tamat pengajian:
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Islamic Finance
Graduan boleh bekerja sebagai
- Banking Sector
- Security Finance Industry
- Sales & Marketing Sector
- Human Resource
- Operations Management
- Hotel & Tourism Sector
- Transport Sector
- Electronic Industry
Semua pelajar berkelayakan yang mengikuti program-program diperingkat Diploma dan Ijazah Sarjana Muda yang ditawarkan di ICT layak memohon penajaan-penajaan berikut:
- Penajaan Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
- Penajaan Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Proses permohonan penajaan pelajar akan diuruskan oleh pihak kolej.
Wang Pendahuluan Pendidikan
Selain dari tajaan-tajaan pendidikan ini, pelajar yang telah ditawarkan untuk mengikuti program-program pengajian di ICT juga layak memohon bantuan-bantuan kewangan berikut untuk tujuan meringankan beban kewangan sewaktu pendaftaran:
- Pendahuluan MARA
- Pendahuluan PTPTN